Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Whole30 (Round Two)!!! Day 1

Justin and I have decided to really boost our 'summer ready' bodies and for me to really get closer to my goal weight.  We're undertaking another Whole30!  I've missed the clear shiny skin, the slim tummy, and the good habits I had as a result of our first venture in whole eating.  So, despite it being that last month of the school year and all of the crazy IEP meetings/paperwork frenzy that it is for me, and despite the fact that my birthday is slap dab in the middle of May (birthday cake, who needs it?), we're embarking, yet again, on a food journey!

Our plans had actually been to start the Whole30 on Sunday, but I felt so awful (bronchitis) that I couldn't get to the grocery store (let alone consider cooking or even... tasting... food).  So we delayed a bit, and I was able to hit up the grocery store last night.  We had our 'last hoorah' meal for dinner:  fried chicken tenders and store bought waffles... :) Honestly, I haven't had an Eggo waffle in YEARS.  Delicious.

Needless to say, we were both pretty sluggish this morning, so kicking our butts out of bed early enough to make a fabulous Whole30 approved breakfast this AM did NOT happen.  Instead...

Breakfast:
For me - an apple + some sausage
Justin - a banana

Lunch:
Chicken tenders, spinach greens, grapes

Dinner:
Mexican meatballs
Guacamole
Salad

I'm pretty excited to try a new recipe I found on Pinterest.  I'll be sure to post a picture with a recipe if they turn out tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment