Thursday, January 31, 2013

Whole30: Day 30

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

WE WE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm thinking of the little pig with the pin wheel riding in the car (commercial).  It's the last day of my Whole30 challenge, but it would seem that tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life of eating (and thinking about food) differently.

I told some of the ladies at work (it's hard to explain why anyone would want to eat this way) about my cavewoman diet, and so last week, I told them I would be bringing donuts to our weekly meeting in the morning.  Today... I know I will still buy the donuts, but now... I don't think I will eat one.

Honestly.

(Is she fur realz?)

Yeah.  I'm dead serious.  We've been planning all week what our first big day off Whole30 would look like, and now all I can think is, "I don't wanna..."  I don't want to ruin all my hard work.  I don't want to lose my results.  I don't want to go back to the way I used to feel, sluggish, the highs and lows, the doomsday naps, the upset stomachs.

For someone who never used to care about the food she was eating, worry (enough that it reflected in my diet changing) about my weight, or consider those kinds of things.  I'm a little worried now that I may have created a monster...  Now that I know what kind of effects I can get, I'm afraid it's going to become consuming.  I've never been afraid of food the way I feel right now.  Apprehensive, leary...  I'm hoping tomorrow will bring some call conclusion that things will be okay, that I'll find a happy medium.

In all, I lost 2 inches from my chest, 2 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my hips, and 2 inches each from my thighs.  I lost a total of about 10lbs.  I have clear skin, level energy throughout the day, and a clear head.  Thank you, Whole30!

No comments:

Post a Comment