Friday, January 11, 2013

Whole30: Day 10

Ok, so I'm finally caught up to the right day.  Today, 1/11/13 is Day 10.  I really didn't think I would ever make it out of the single digits.

Still feeling good, still enjoying the food.  Dinner prep is really not difficult or painful or whatnot.  I've found that if I keep some go to things pre cut/diced in the fridge for easy access it reallllly helps too.  For example, I diced an onion and put it in tupperware and put it in the fridge.  Another one has diced green bell pepper.  It especially makes breakfast a quick grab and toss into the pan without any prep.

Tonight's dinner was really fast, because I purchased thinly sliced chicken breast, so I cut them against the 'grain' into thin strips (Justin wanted 'fried chicken').  This was really good.  I seasoned with garlic, onion and black pepper.  I cooked them in coconut oil, which made them taste really yummy.  Then I put some of the diced onion in a skillet, with olive oil, and added mushrooms and spinach and cooked it down.

Finally I started up a pan of olive oil and dumped in some slices of squash.  I'm a big fan of my grandmother's fried squash/fried eggplant (these are battered), but boy, this was just as good if not better.

I'm finding that the meals are really getting much more satisfying than they were last week (when I was getting the fully tummy signal but my brain was like, "where the heck is the good stuff like mashed potatoes and cheesy bread?").  I no longer get that feeling :)

Don't get me wrong.  It's Friday night and going out to dinner sounds awesome.  A bottle of wine?  Lemme at it!  But no... we must abstain.  But again, we're building better habits and better bodies (and better minds).

So the food rundown of the day:

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs with onions and green bell peppers (I had the cheese twinge today... Frittatas from now on)
Clementine

Lunch:
Skinny mini pork chops
Baby Carrots
Black olives
Nectarine (I like to finish with something sweet and crunchy to 'clean' my teeth since I can't have breath mints)

Dinner:
Chicken strips
Spinach and mushroom sauteed
Yellow squash sauteed


Our WOD today... Helen:  13:29 (my time) Scaled.  Wore my new knee brace... It 'sorta' works.

No comments:

Post a Comment