Monday, January 7, 2013

Whole30: Day 6

Life will go on...

That's kind of been the mood today.  Yesterday = doom and gloom.  Today = sun peaking around the clouds.  I still have stormy moments, like right after CF tonight, on the drive home, really hungry, just thinking of having to go to the store, and then prep, and then cook, and then FINALLY getting to eat.

Taco Bell just sounded sooooo much better.

The snackings have become fewer and more far between.  Just two almonds, a dried apricot, and a Clementine (which is a record for me... I've been a munch a holic these last 5 days).  Today was my first day back at work, and I was so worried I was really going to miss my lunch time Coke (yes, the sugar and such, but also just having something easy and handheld... I'm a basket case I know).  Once I ate a good part of my lunch, the Coke craving subsided completely though.  It was amazing!

Here was my meal run down for the day (and sorry for the limited photos, things are getting hectic):

Breakfast:
Anyone wanna guess?
Frittata with spinach, onion, and bell peppers
Half a banana

*Yes, another frittata.  But honestly, they're so easy to make and they feel like a more substantial meal then doing scrambled eggs.  That, and I have less of a stigma with frittatas (I didn't eat them pre-Whole30, unlike scrambled eggs, which I felt had to have cheese on top).

Lunch:
(Repeat from dinner)
Meatloaf
Green beans/carrots/mushroom stirfry

Dinner:
Chicken Fajitas with green peppers and onions
An apple



*there was supposed to be butter lettuce to wrap it all in, but Walmart was out.  Either way, it was delicious, and I didn't need a huge portion to make me feel full.

No comments:

Post a Comment