Friday, January 11, 2013

Whole30: Day 9

Still no eggs.  Who is to blame?  Me.

So I grabbed some sliced meat to nosh on, along with a Clementine (who really needs OJ in the morning?  Make your body do a little of the work, c'mon...)

It was not a fantastic lunch day for me, because I had been too lazy to cook in bulk last night, so I was scrambling for lunch today.  This is where clear containers come in real handy in the fridge.  You can see exactly what you have, so I grabbed a bunch of things that were within reach and piled them into a tupperware with a chicken breast (I had ingeniously cooked 3 extra after making chicken fauxjitas on Monday night).

Still going strong, but still feeling temptations from time to time.  I think the best thing throughout the entire Whole30 that's made it easier for me to not be tempted is eating by myself.  I've not been going to the teacher's lounge like I normally do.  I know, it's rather unsocial of me, but I get a little time to meditate, eat my food without worrying about smelling other delicious things or really having to explain myself or my new habits.

Don't get me wrong.  I've told (read: complained) to just about anyone that will listen.  But I don't mention it unless someone else brings up food.

Like yesterday, when we had a surprise teacher meeting after school at 3:15.  These are the worst.  Everyone is struggling and would rather go home or do something they constitute as more productive.  And of course, our administration has to ply us with big bowls of candy on each table, and mini fridges full of Cokes.  So of course, everyone passes them all around and grabs handful of candy and pops their cokes, and they ask why I don't want any...  And I tell them, straight faced...

Ladies, I've become a Cavewoman.

Honestly, laughter is the only way to keep them from judging my non-dairy or grain diet, as both have been so driven into our skulls as being necessary for a healthy life.

But really, I feel great.  I don't have spikes or drops of energy anymore (and it's only Day 9).  I don't yawn at work all the time.  I never feel sleepy anymore or have the urge to nap at my desk.  I felt full of energy when we did our WOD on Monday... Not to mention, I'm losing weight, and my face is the clearest it's probably ever been (not to mention my forehead wrinkles that were starting to come up have receded).

I have been lacking the last few days in the veggie department, so I went to the store to beef that up.  Here's what I came back with:

Grapes
Nectarines
Eggs (2 dozen)
Bell Peppers
Mushrooms
Snap Peas
Broccoli
And MEAT (cuz those are veggies, right?)
Drumsticks
Rack of ribs
Hamburger
Pork tenderloin

I know I say I'm doing the Whole30, but a big part of it is buying sustainable things.  They consider the best meats to be grass fed, raised local, etc, which is awesome, but this diet sucked enough in the beginning, so Thank You Very Much, Dallas and Melissa, but I Shall Be Lazy.  At least for my first Whole30.  Maybe next year I'll be able to prepare more and find some local options.  As it is, this is what I'm sticking with.  Now, processed things like the chicken/turkey sausage I ate last week were the good stuff - Applegate Farms.

My meal menu:

Breakfast:
A clementine and some sliced meat

Lunch:
Chicken breast
Pile-o-spinach
Baby carrots
Black Olives

Snack:
Apple, a handful of almonds

Dinner:
Two skinny mini pork chops
Nuked sweet potato
Sauteed Kale (*Note to self, no more Kale until I figure out how in the heck to cook it)


So there's a picture of my dinner.



And here's what I heard in my head as I sat down to eat...

"LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment