Friday, January 4, 2013

Whole30: Day 2

See?  I told you I was playing catch up... Oooooh, ketchup sounds really good right now...

As you can see, I'm not thinking with my stomach.  My stomach is totally full of good food, but all my brain wants is garbage.  They say around Days 5-6 you start to get really sleepy because your body is so tired from learning how to process ACTUAL food that you want to sleep.  A lot.  Well, that hit me early, because on Day 2, I found myself so lethargic that I took a 3 HOUR nap...  and still slept fully through the night.

So what did I eat today?

Still no Coke.  I could kill for a Coke, or some chocolate.  But what's funnier, I'm really in the mood for crackers... I have them in my pantry and they're haunting me.  I'd throw them out, but I think they'll still be good in 28 days.  And that, my friends, is the real reason to eat Paleo.  If it lasts that long, just think of all of the preservatives needed to keep it looking and tasting 'fresh'.  Eeeeeek.  Run away!

Okay, so remember the mayo I made yesterday?  I made it into chicken salad before I went to bed last night.  And because I highly doubt relish is Paleo, I had to trick my body by adding something else that was sweet.  I'm thanking myself heartily for the purchase of grapes... They've been my real savior this first week.

I chopped up 4 leftover chicken breasts, two stalks of celery, and then about 20 grapes, and added it all together with some of the mayo.  It turned out great!  So great, in fact, that instead of standing outside in the cold to make breakfast, I noshed on that :)

Breakfast Day 2:
Chicken salad
Sliced red bell peppers


Lunch Day 2:
Sliced ham (yes, from the holiday... so not Paleo, but I'm not going to let it go bad)
Baby Carrots with my own ranch-esque dipping sauce I made from the mayo
Black Olives

I'm sure I snuck an orange in here somewhere, and probably a few grapes (eating too much fruit still, I think, but I don't have any almonds to snack on... mmmm almond butter....)

Dinner Day 2:
My own version of fish and chips :)
Sauteed Tilapia
Roasted Sweet Potato (fries)
Spinach salad with scallions and tomatoes, covered in an olive oil dressing I made in about .2 seconds


I'm still trying to be very stoic about my cooking/eating decisions, but it's definitely difficult.  It would be so easy just to grab a glass of milk (although I'm not hankering for one) or pop a Coke, or snag one of the many pieces of chocolate that Justin's parents left us after Christmas (grumble).  I seem to be hitting a major tummy slump around 12-2pm every day, where I really just need a Coke or something, anything.  Like this gnawing 'hunger pains'.  Don't get me wrong, I'm eating a ton of food, but my stomach just hasn't told my brain that yet.  However, I still haven't really had that awful caffiene withdrawal headache.  Justin had it on Day 1.  I'm used to having at least 1 Coke a day, so this 30 days without it is the most terrifying.


No comments:

Post a Comment