Friday, January 11, 2013

Whole30: Day 8

Forgot to buy eggs... again.  My fridge is getting slim, and I've not been motivated or had time in the morning to fix breakfast, so two clementines on the way out the door had to suffice (which is bad news bears if you ask me or any other Whole30'er).  Why?   Because there was no sustaining protein.

Which meant...

I was craving by midmorning.  Good thing I had a snack of almonds and dried apricots.  I try not to eat more than one dried apricot at a time because I know they're full of sugars, so I stuck with a handful of almonds.  Lunch was a repeat from dinner (and totally delicious, no dressing required, because the olive oil had blended so well with the flavors from the roasted red peppers and the onions).

I felt much better after that, and then of course, I came home, did my normal thing, and then, still not feeling motivated to 'cook' with Justin gone, I snacked on a piece of chicken breast.  Later, the hunger bug bit me, so it was back to the kitchen to whip up the quickest thing I could think of, the 'fish tacos' that I made on Saturday, I believe.

So my meal rundown...

Breakfast:
Two Clementines (highly unadvised)

Lunch:
Spinach salad topped with shrimp, roasted red peppers, onions, and almonds (all sauteed in OO)

Snack:
Chicken breast

Dinner:
One fish filet topped with a big 'salad' of shredded carrots and shredded cabbage, with my mayo sauce

(Think Paleo make your own Mayo plus dill, paprika, and lime juice)

No comments:

Post a Comment