Friday, January 25, 2013

Whole30: Day 23

Things are really just par for the course now.  I'm still in the 'just a few days left' mode, but at the same time, in the back of my head, I know I'm going to continue to eat this way for the most part, so I really need to start building a repetoire of recipes.  I've been pretty lax lately.  Not to mention, I had a stressful day...

We've had a dog in rescue for a while, this poor old guy, and no one would foster him.  He was stuck in boarding for months (blugh...) and we finally thought we had it made with a foster in Fayetteville, but that fell through when Gentleman Zack attacked the cat 0.2 seconds into his foster home...

Sooooo... 3 weeks of boarding later, and the boarding facility said he must go.  This minute.  Awesome.  Where does that leave him?  With us.  Our house is last chance sun dance for rescue dogs.  I always tell myself, if I can't handle them, no one else in their right mind would want to try.  So I go pick up the big lug and bring him home.

Big lug indeed.  Think Hooch in GSP form.  Really, he's not that bad.  Kind of whiney, but he's house trained (and in my book that makes him better than half of my previous fosters).  I could care less if he snaps at Beau from time to time.  Beau certainly deserves it, the jerk.  He's a big goofy boy who likes to act like my shadow around the house and cuddle close.  Totally fine with me :)  He also knows what scolding is (and for a big guy with a sharp mouth and big paws, stopping whatever he's doing when you start to raise your voice is a must).  Yep, all good qualities, if you ask me.

Of course, since I had just brought him home, I didn't have a lot of time to spend with him, so I stayed home from CF (even though I was really looking forward to the WOD).  It also left me a little perplexed when planning dinner.  In swoops Justin the dinner maker!  Saving us from a doomed dinner by grabbing steaks and sweet potatoes.  He's one heck of a husband :)

Breakfast:
Same old, nuked eggs with additives
Half a banana

Lunch:
Green beans
Chicken/turkey sausage

Dinner:
Delicious Steak
Fantastic Sweet Potato

*Meals taste wonderfully when you don't have to make them yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment