Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Whole30: Day 29

Ok, so it's Day 29.  Day 30 is right around the corner, and after that?  How to feel?  I want to scream "I'm Free!"  But...

Am I free?  Free to eat like I want?  Free to cook using the ingredients I want?  Will I ever truly be 'free' to eat the same way and have the same lifestyle and mentality I had before?

Nope.

I'll forever think about pigs now, and how they are treated:  http://whole9life.com/2013/01/the-conscientious-omnivore-pork/

I will always know that things that I love, like ice cream (aka dairy products) are most likely what causes my skin to break out.  I'll probably also feel some major bloat and a case of the nasties after our first Post Whole30 meal.  If you didn't know, we're planning a trip to Chili's.  It's nowhere fancy.  I just want some queso (and chips!  Good lord I've missed chips) and possibly a margarita.  Justin wants a Triple Dipper (appetizer).  It's going to be awful.  We'll probably feel gross afterwards.  We might even have stomach aches.  But at least we'll know, right?

That's what we're hoping for.  In my mind, I'd like to continue to eat cleanly during the week, and on the weekends, allow myself to feel like a human and socialize in restaurants and not be a food 'pariah'.  That's what we're hoping for, at least.

My goal is to continue losing weight and getting back to a healthy toned body.  Since we've been doing Crossfit for six months, we've both made huge gains in our endurance.  Heck, I could probably go out and run a 5k right now and think nothing of it, even though I haven't actually run more than a mile unbroken in the last 6 months.  My hope is that continuing to eat like this will help me shed the rest of the flub while maintaining nice muscle tone.  What do all the Pinterest pictures say?  Skinny looks good in clothes, but strong looks good naked?  My goal is to be able to agree.

And again, I love to take pictures of myself at school when I have a second.  Makes me feel good about the day for whatever reason.  So here is my latest 'face' change photo.  It's a pretty visible and drastic change to me, but I assume much more subtle to those around me.


I'm still nowhere near being back into my skinny leg jeans, but I hope that I'll get there within the next month or two.  Overall, I feel a heck of a lot less lousy about myself.  I think I feel kind of accomplished (but not as much as I had assumed I would, or as much as I think Justin feels).  Now it's become less of an accomplishment, and more of a 'Doh!  I was an idiot for not eating this way before' kind of feeling.

Breakfast:
Can you guess?  :D
Nuked scrambled eggs with pico de gallo
Orange

Lunch:
Pork chop
Fresh baby carrots
Banana 

*I had a bout of yawning this afternoon.  I haven't done this in quite a while, so I'm starting to believe bananas just have too much sugar in them.  I think I might have to stick to just a half of a banana, or get different fruit.

Dinner:
Tilapia filet
Steamed snow peas (more pod than pea, right?)



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome you've stuck to the whole30 challenge! I've been doing crossfit a little over 2 years now and love it!! I follow the zone diet- keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kara! You are one fit mama (and Mr. Cooper is just the cutest!)

    ReplyDelete