Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole30: Day 7

Today was bliss....

By far, the best day of the diet.  I felt invigorated (even if it was hard to get out of bed), and I stayed that way all throughout the day.  Even after lunch, no familiar 'brown outs', no need for a nap, no yawning.  Just a plateau of energy.  It was amazing!

And my meals weren't even that fantastic today either...

Breakfast:
Frittata
A banana

Lunch:
Chicken breast
Raw Baby Carrots
Clementine

Snack:
Some Almonds
Dried Apricot

(My snack cravings have become very few and far between)

Dinner:
Shrimp and Spinach Salad


Pretty isn't it?

Cut up some red onion, and add it to a hot skillet with olive oil.  Then add sliced almonds and red roasted bell peppers.  Mix some balsamic vinegar with some light olive oil.  Toss in your shrimp to the pan (I add a little paprika for flavor).  Once all is cooked, top a bed of spinach with the mixture, and then drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment