Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whole30: Day 4 cont.

So I had to get out of the dang house to stop thinking about food.  I stupidly suggested we go to Sam's and pick up some more detergent... Mistake.

We left Sam's with a bag of Cutie's, a bag of almonds, a big bag of spinach, a bag of brussel sprouts, and detergent.  Sigh.  I passed the baked goods section and almost had a conniption fit.

So, in a second attempt to get my mind off of food, we decided to go to Ozark Natural Food Store... We really weren't thinking straight.

It's a neat store, and I've really enjoyed actually reading labels and seeing just exactly the abundance of food options that are out there (most not Paleo sadly).  But we made some great finds (much better than when I was shopping there by myself and starving).

We bought:
Dried apricots
Mustard
Balsamic Vinegar
Ghee (sweet baby Jesus!)
Portobella mushrooms
And some Naked Coconut Waters



I've also found that if I keep everything I can use out on my counter, it makes me a lot more effective and less likely to crave things.  I've not emptied out my pantry, because I feel like I'll never want to totally quit baking or making battered and fried yummy things, but it keeps me from having to look at those DARN CRACKERS!  I'm full and happy with dinner, so I'm not currently needing a cracker, but who knows how I'll feel tomorrow.  Here is a picture of my counter of usefulness.


Dinner wasn't as pretty when cooked today, so I'll just show you my prep station. 

Day 4 Dinner:
Hamburger patties
Portobella Mushrooms
Roasted brussel sprouts





No comments:

Post a Comment