Thursday, January 17, 2013

Whole30: Day 16

Spankin' it!

That's how I'm treating this thing :)

Things were starting to look a little meager in the fridge department this morning, so I had to make a mental note to do some grocery shopping this afternoon.  Still feeling pretty good about the food choices, but I can tell when I need more of something (like veggies).

So after work, I hopped over to Ozark Natural Food Store and stocked up on some tasty Applegate Farm products... nom nom nom.  I purchased some chicken/turkey sausage and some of their beef hot dogs (delish!).  I also on a whim got some bacon.  I have Saturday plans... mwah hah hah.

Grocery bill?  Almost $50 (the meat plus some other odds and ends)

Then later, I went to Harp's for the rest of the groceries.  I came home with tons of produce, plus chicken thighs, chicken breast (2 sets), and 2lbs ground beef (2 sets).  They were having a big sale, pick 5 for $25, and it was quite the bargain!

(wow, am I my mother's child?)

Wanna see my fridge?


It's all full of yummy nom noms now!

So what did I eat today?

Breakfast:
Nuked scrambled eggs with pico de gallo
Orange

Lunch:
Wuh wuh...
Leftovers from last night, but without the spinach salad part.  Not so amazing.
Apple

Dinner:
(fabulosity)
Applegate Farms hot dog
Sauteed Squash
Stuffed Mushrooms (mushroom stems + cauliflower + ghee)
My very own guacamole (1 avocado + pico de gallo + lime)

I'm really stinking full and really stinking happy.  I still have my slip moments.  On the way home from Harp's I instinctively wanted to run through Sonic and grab a Coke for the ride home...  Usually not something I do as a habit, but my brain wasn't thinking clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment