Sunday, January 20, 2013

Whole30: Day 19

Well, 19 days down.  11 more to go.

I'm really excited about getting to cook with more ingredients once the Whole30 is over.  I would be for the most part ok with eating Paleo after this, but I just want to be able to stretch my cooking 'wings'.  It feels pretty cramped here in this little Whole30 box.  I think the next time I do the Whole30, I'll be able to make more interesting meals, but for now I've been trying to make typical meals in a better way.

Chicken fauxjitas.  Spaghetti squash and meatballs.  Fish tacos without the taco.  So far everything has been great.  No real complaints with the actual food.  Like tonight's roast... it was great!

I did a slow cooker pot roast with venison neck (really tender after 5 hours).  I threw in some onion, carrot, celery, and some spices, etc etc.  It was awesome, surprisingly, because 1) I've never made a roast, 2) I've never made one in a slow cooker, and 3) neck roast is typically very tough and stringy.

Things should go pretty smoothly this week food wise.  I'll do some more shopping and menu planning tomorrow.  I'm thinking about doing some salmon cakes.  They look delicious (nom nom's blog).  But by the end of the week, things may get a little bumpy.  We've remained rather reclusive during this endeavor.  It's honestly been the easiest way to eat so restrictively.  This weekend, though, we have some big things on the agenda:  one birthday party Friday evening, and then Paint the Town Red on Saturday night.  Obviously we'll just have to eat first and drink water the rest of the time.  It won't be too entirely pleasant, that's for sure.

Although, on the bright side, there are some Paleo options once we do get done with our Whole30.  Some wines are considered Paleo, as well as some hard ciders (gluten free ones).  To make me feel even worse, we went to TJMaxx on Friday night, and Justin bought me stemless wine glasses.  SERIOUSLY??  Why do I need these now?!

Sheesh.

Ok who gives a hoot really?  What did I eat today?  Well, it was a lazy cooking day for me.

Breakfast:
Rest of the spaghetti leftovers
Bacon

Lunch:
Chicken fauxjitas from last night
Some guacamole

Dinner:
Venison roast with onions, carrots, celery
On a bed of Spaghetti squash

Justin went to the WOD today.  Lots of running and knee jarring stuff.  All of it sounds like fun, but my  knee just needs to rest (and it kills me).

No comments:

Post a Comment