Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whole30: Day 4

Today has been the worst by far... we came home to a house filled with the perfume of natural gas... Our brand new stove that had been installed by amazing technicians was leaking the fumes all throughout the house.  Awesome.  That meant that last night at 10:30pm when we rolled in, we had to call the gas company (waking up the poor people) and having them come out.  The gas company found the leak and cut it off, so by midnight, we were able to go back inside and FINALLY go to bed.

Fast forward to this morning at 8:30am, we finally get out of the bed (exhausted), and the actual plumbing company comes back out to fix the leak.  That meant we had to wait until almost 11am to finally eat breakfast.

Justin had gone to CF, and I honestly have no idea how he made it out alive.  I was starving and shaking (and kind of woozy) from lack of food, so once the plumber left, I whipped together a frantic frittata (with some awesome Applegate chicken/turkey sausage).  It filled my belly, but my mind still wanted more (and not more of the same).

So today is the worst so far.  I've spent the whole day feeling like I should either be napping or eating (despite being full).  And to top it all off, I dread going back to work on Monday, because I honestly don't know how I will last like this all day and not fall on my face...  I'm really hoping I get an upswing in energy soon.  Remember, I've had no caffiene whatsoever since Tuesday...

So our meals, keeping in mind that these are Justin's plates :) Mine were cleaned before he could sneak a photo...

And if I'm being honest... Before breakfast, while Justin was at CF I had:
sliced ham
honey crisp apple
spoonful of almond butter

Breakfast Day 4:
Frittata with onions, mushrooms, red bell peppers, and chicken/turkey sausage
Clementine :)



Snack:
Half a banana

Lunch (late) Day 4:
Fish tacos (without the taco) - I cooked up some tilapia filets with minimal seasoning in olive oil, then I topped the filets with a salad of crunchy cabbage and shredded carrot, with a spicy sauce I made with homemade mayo, dill, lime juice, and a touch of cayenne.  It certainly hit the spot.  I should have included another veggie dish, but well, I was hungry right then and there.


Dinner Day 4:
TBD


No comments:

Post a Comment